Sunday 22 December 2013

Baby's 1st Christmas

A baby's first Christmas is always celebrated and is definitely one to remember....

So why not make their first Christmas photo into a special Christmas ornament?!

I found some lovely wooden cut-outs at a scrapbooking shop. They turned out beautifully (if I say so myself!) Just added a little glitter and ribbon... and of course photos of my darlings' first Christmases!
No mess... No fuss!


However if you can't find ready-made cut-outs, I saw a similar idea using wood slices as a rustic backing for your photos at  diy-wood-slice-photo-ornaments
These photos are decoupaged onto wood-slices, and then a hole is drilled into the top so you can add ribbon to hang on the tree.

There are many ways to create an ornament using special photos, and it's cetainly not limited to baby photos. Why not use old family photos, or make a new ornament every year with an annual family photograph.

Another lovely, yet simple idea is to slip a circle-shaped photo into a glass/clear-plastic bauble:

So go on... I know you want to! Your Christmas tree is just begging for some beautiful family photos to adorn it's branches!

No comments:

Post a Comment